How To Get A Bigger Chest At Home [Beginners Guide]
How To Get A Bigger Chest At Home: Many people would love to be able to show off a well-defined and toned body. To achieve your goal, it is quite common that you try to follow a diet and join a gym to exercise.
However, there are some areas of our body that, even if you dedicate yourself to sports for many hours, you can not make them look well toned.
One of these difficult areas, usually in the case of men, is the pectorals. That is why, in this article of, we explain how to have bigger and defined pectorals through a series of exercises and tips. Follow them to get a great body!
Remember to share this with your friends.
Get A Bigger Chest at Home with Elastic Bands:
The elastic bands are rubber strips that are used both in gyms and at home to perform exercises and tone different areas of the body, especially the chest and arms.
If you want to make pecs at home, buy a pair of elastic bands at a sports store or online and follow these steps to tone this area:
- The first step will be to stand with your back straight and grasp with both hands the ends of the elastic band.
- When you are in that position, place your hands holding the band in front of the pectorals.
- Now, you will have to slowly stretch the elastic band as much as you can, so that the hands are quite separated.
- Hold for a few seconds stretching the band and return to the starting position.
[arve url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6GIffCaJCQ” align=”center” maxwidth=”1000″ /]
To tone the pectorals, it is necessary to perform 3 sets of 15 repetitions of this exercise within your sports routine.
[Recommended: L-Carnitine for Fat Loss Review || Does it Really Work?]
Get A Bigger Chest at Home with Push-ups:
Another way to increase pectorals without weights is doing push-ups with the help of a mat. The push-ups are an exercise that will help you both develop and tone the chest area, shoulders and arms. To perform this exercise, purchase a mat and follow these steps:
- Place the mat on the floor and lie on it face down.
- Now bend your arms, place your hands so that it is parallel to your pectorals and rest your toes on the floor.
- Once you are in that position, stretch your arms up to elevate your body. Try to perform this exercise slowly to get better results.
- Avoid bending the knees, since doing so will not get results in the chest area.
- Hold 1-2 seconds with the body raised and then return to the starting position smoothly.
Power Push-ups: To the normal push-ups you are going to add a touch of difficulty so that you demand much more muscle. It consists of when you make the movement to lift your hands off the ground and then hold again.
Clapping Push-ups: It consists of doing the common push-ups or push-up doing the extra effort by lifting the body and giving a clap. To perform this exercise you need coordination and elevation enough to be able to clap your hands and then hold yourself once more.
Push-ups between Chairs: Take two chairs in which you will support your arms to do the bending and the other chair you will place behind to support the feet. It is almost the same as the simple bending, but the muscles of the body will have to strain more to balance the body and not fall.
You must take two chairs that will not slip and cause an accident. Take that precaution.
Decline Push-ups: For this push-up, you will only need the chair you used to support the feet. You will support your hands on the floor so that your body is declined. You will see that more strength will be necessary to be able to perform this push-up.
Diamond Push-ups: For this push-ups, you can support the knees on the floor and cross the feet. The hands should be supported on the floor, but together, both index fingers are touching and thumbs forming a kind of diamond.
[arve url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=YwFmEsa_lIk” /]
With 1 minute rest between them, you can vary the intensity. Do few of them at a great speed and others slower. Especially when you lower to flor, as this way you demand much more muscle. You will feel that additional pressure.
To work and enlarge the chest, you will have to do 3 sets of 15 repetitions of this exercise.
[You may Like: Core Exercises for Beginners: A Mini-Guide!]
Get A Bigger Chest at Home with Dumbbells:
If you have a bench and a pair of dumbbells at home, the following exercise will be very useful to develop your pectorals. To do it correctly, you just have to follow these steps:
- Sit on the bench and lie on your back with your head on the end of the bench.
- Grab a dumbbell by holding it with both hands and throw your arms back slowly so you do not hurt yourself. The arms have to be fully extended so that the dumbbell is behind the head.
- Once you are in that position, slowly raise the dumbbell with both hands as much as you can.
- Hold for a few seconds and return to the starting position.
[arve url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWKF_mHSDfI” /]
Include 3 sets of 20 repetitions of this exercise within your sports routine.
Get A Bigger Chest at Home with Chest Dips:
If you have two parallel bars in your home to suspend you in the air, you can include this exercise in your routine to increase the pectorals. To complete them, follow these steps:
- On two parallel bars, hold yourself so that you are suspended in the air vertically.
- Holding in that position, you must slowly bend your elbows to lower your body without touching the ground.
- When you notice that your chest is working, hold in that pose a couple of seconds and then return to the starting position gently to avoid injury.
[arve url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRBVKxMb1RQ” /]
[arve url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRlP-qgQYEo” /]
To see results, perform 3 sets of 15 repetitions of this exercise within your sports routine.
[Recommended: Genetic Factors that Prevent you from Getting in Shape]
Advantages of Having a well-toned and Bigger Chest:
You will Breathe Better:
With well-toned pectorals muscles that protect the diaphragm, you will breathe much better. It is very helpful if you are doing cardiovascular exercises or if you are a long distance runner.
Increase Muscle Mass:
Performing these exercises continuously will not only increase your muscle mass but will increase muscle strength also. It will depend on how much you want your muscles to grow.
Strengthen the Arms:
Not only these exercise to increase chest muscle, but you can have more muscle and strength in your arm.
Increase your Self-esteem:
Showing a well-toned chest raises the morale of anyone and may catch the eye of the opposite sex. This obviously feels good to you.
Hope you enjoyed this article. I have an obligation as a certified fitness trainer, to raise awareness to our environment so that people will know How To Get A Bigger Chest At Home or without going to the gym.
If you found this article aboutis useful and think it might help somebody else, please give it a share.
One last thing to say…
You can join our private Facebook group to discuss your problems with many health and fitness professionals and get your solution done. We are also available on Facebook, Twitter & Google+. Follow us there to receive recent updates.