Mother Releases Harrowing Footage of her Daughter Paralyzed by a Tick

Rating: 5.0. From 2 votes.
Please wait...

An Oregon Mother releases harrowing footage of her daughter paralyzed by a tick and sees her young daughter unable to walk, which she later learned, was the result of a tick under her child’s hair.

Now under the viral clip posted on her Facebook page, Amanda Lewis told that her daughter Evelyn was starting to do strange things around her sleeping time. The next morning she was struggling to stand up.

“She could barely walk, or crawl and could hardly use her arms,” Louise wrote in the post.

She said they recorded Evelyn and sent the clip to family members and asking them if her daughter’s symptoms were familiar to them. When Evelyn started to get worse, Lewis and her husband decided to take their girl to the hospital.

The doctor talked to us for a minute and said over the past 15 years he had seen about 7 or 8 children her age with identical symptoms and that likely she had a tick,” Lewis said. “They looked her over, combed through her hair really well and sure enough found a tick hiding in her hair.”

Evelyn was suffering from paralysis, a rare disease when ticks remain attached to a host for an extended period of time. Symptoms typically occur several days after the tick attaches.

Symptoms are starting from weakness and developing in full paralysis. This can lead to respiratory failure and can be fatal.

Doctors estimated that the tick on Lewis’s daughter was possibility of hiding in her hair for almost a week, WFMY said.

“I feel awful for not having seen this little bugger sooner but I would never have even thought to look for a tick,” Lewis said. “It’s crazy that a little bug can do this!”

Lewis said that since the ticket was removed, her daughter has mostly returned to her normal self.

Mother Releases Harrowing Footage of her Daughter Paralyzed by a Tick

Insect, Tick, FabHealthFitness,
Experts have said that this year’s tick population will be the largest in recent history.

“It took her until the next morning to start acting like herself again,” she wrote in her Facebook post. “She is now pretty much completely back to her feisty little self.”

Recording of Evelyn’s sudden paralysis has gained nearly 10 million views on Facebook and nearly 350,000 shares worldwide. Louise said that he hoped that the video would provide information of other parents and that they would be able to quickly detect tick paralysis.

With the changes in weather, health officials have warned that this tick season may be the worst yet. In recent history, small insects are showing a large number of bugs this year compared to any other, and experts expect a jump in tick-Bourne illnesses in several regions across the U.S.

Officials said that insect repellent, DEET, is effective in keeping the ticks away. They’ve also urged people to keep their lawns trimmed and warned them to allow children to play in wild or grassland areas.

Sources and Citations:

Featured image source: AMANDA LEWIS/FACEBOOK

News source: Nydailynews

If you like this article “Mother Releases Harrowing Footage of her Daughter Paralyzed by a Tick” follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ & LinkedIn.

Please rate this article. To share this article click the buttons bellow.

Rating: 5.0. From 2 votes.
Please wait...

A. R. Choudhury

Hi, This is A. R. Choudhury, a Professional Blogger, YouTuber, Freelancer & Internet Marketer from India. Here at FabHealthFitness, I write about Health, Fitness, Bodybuilding, Supplements, Diet & Nutrition and NEWS. You can read more about me at About me page.

Leave a Comment

0 Shares
Share
Tweet
Share
+1
Pin
Stumble